Saturday, October 24, 2009

Stress, it's just what the doctor ordered

So at one time I always thought my blood pressure got high when I went to the doctor. I mean, I would have OK blood pressure sometimes when I went, but other times it would be high for various reasons. These reasons could be anything from just feeling like poop to being way pissed about the horrible screaming child in the waiting room who I wanted to beat (Hey, I feel bad too and you don't see me throwing a hissy!) The last 3-4 times I've been in a doctors office though, those things haven't exactly been factors.

I won't give all the gross sinusy allergyish reasons why I went to the doctor the other day, but I was THIS close to walking out of there with a prescription for blood pressure medicine along with all of the other drugs I was given. I don't know about you, but at the ripe age of 27, I'm not ready to start blood pressure medication.

I guess that was somewhat of a wakeup call. Yes, it was a stressful week with lots of deadlines in the office. Yes I have felt like poop for about 5 days, which was probably related to some work stress and just general stress that I put myself under. The fact of the matter is, I gotta take care of myself because as much as anyone else might love me, they can't shed the 50 pounds I need to lose or take deep breaths for me.

After sleeping pretty much all day on Thursday and Friday, I am feeling much better. I actually showered today and went into civilization (but it was Antioch, so I don't know how civilized it was.) It's amazing what going back on allergy medication can do for you...or at least for me!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Tiffy! I hope you feel better! I have been feeling crapy lately too. PLUS Kase lost his job on Thursday. STRESS! frick.

    On a side note, I saw Ms. Stephenson! Ha she looks the same. Facebook wouldn't let me write you or click the button to add her as my friend. Facebook stresses me out. frick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm sorry about Kase losing his job. That's awful. :( I hope he has no problem finding a new job.

    ReplyDelete