Monday, November 2, 2009

Paying the price

I have kinda been looking forward to my 10 year reunion.

You know, seeing all those folks that I never really talked to much to begin with. Seeing all those people that I never really liked to begin with.

I also especially love the fact that they think I'm going to pay $75 for myself and a date or $40 if I go without Herbie...

So let's get something straight. You think it's okay to send an invite over facebook (for a high school reunion, I'll make the exception and say that's ok...just don't invite me to your freakin' wedding on facebook or we won't be friends anymore on facebook or in real life...ha!) and give me no details about this except for it's at the country club in Gallatin on July 17.

I know all the organizers of this BS have memberships there or their parents do and they think it will be just a swell,good time! How about this! Let's keep it real and go to Cowboys or Luckys in Gallatin, for free and I can spend that $75 on cheap beer for me and Herbie and be totally TANKED. But OH! I forgot... A lot of these people go to those places every weekend and hang out with the same people they did 10 years ago because they never left Gallatin to make friends with anyone else.

If you're going to charge me $75 for this crap and tell me to send a check to a certain classmate, the least you can freaking do is tell me if this is an open bar event and if I'm gonna get a decent meal for this.

Honestly, I'm horrified what might happen if I have enough to drink around these people. I'm starting to think it would be worth a few hundred to hire a decoy to go in my place and make everyone believe that I am now a stripper that works in Vegas.

/sarcasm over and out

Seriously though. I wouldn't mind going back. There are some people I would like to see! I just think there needs to be a FREE option earlier in the day, like at the public park. Have everyone get together for a cookout, do a casual visit and all that crap....then those that have $75 to waste can go get tanked at the country club with all of their little friends that they get tanked with every other weekend.

I'll put $50 of that in the bank and take $25 to treat myself and Herbie to El Reys in Gallatin and have a pitcher of margaritas.... then maybe visit the country club and throw up on everyone since I'm allergic to tequilla.

ps- after saying all this, I will probably still go and pay the $75...but only if certain other people do too. (Don't worry, Laura, I'm not counting on you. haha)

3 comments:

  1. haha. I am glad I am not the only one thinking that! $75.00!!!! that's crazy!!! First of all, I don't even see in the invite where it said it would be at the country club. Maybe I missed that part. Secondly, I too would like to know WHY it costs so much. I don't drink, so are am I paying for everyone else to? Will I get snacks or food? I still am not feeling it. It sounds like a horrible night.

    BUT if you do eat at EL Reys before w/ Herbie. I am THERE! I will drive home just for that. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought that facebook msg said that, but maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, if you check out www.ghs2000.com it has it on there.

    It does sound like a horrible night. Getting all dressed up, paying $75 to get in, and then not knowing if we're getting food and drinks? And yeah, what if you don't drink? I mean, I can get cheap booze anywhere and not drink there. I don't even drink that much. The thought of drinking margaritas and getting sick on people as they are leaving the country club makes me laugh though. haha

    Maybe those of us who like each other should pitch in 10 bucks and have a good party on the cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! We could have El Reys cater. haha. ok maybe not. I think we should get together and do something though. I would like to be a fly on the wall at the reunion. That could be fun.

    ReplyDelete