Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Just because I don't have a penis...

I am so mad right now.

I needed some simple maintenance done to my car. An oil change, tire rotation/balance, and an alignment.

I drop my car off at firestone today and walk back to work. I get a call soon after telling me that they just see no reason to do a rotation and balance on my car because I need new tires.

Ok, sorry, but no. No I freaking do not. Yeah, I've got almost 40K miles on them. I will need new tires within the next 10,000 miles, but not right now. I've had ONE flat tire since I've had the car. I'm sorry, but I usually wait until I'm having flats left and right before I get new tires. It might not be the safest way, but you know, I don't have money just flowing freely from my bank account.

I tell the guy to go on and do the alignment, an oil change and fix the tire with the nail in it. I'll find someone else to rotate and balance the tires and not get all hoity toity with me.

I promise if I had a penis, I would not have got that phone call. We are not turning a $200 visit (it's so much because I'm getting the lifetime alignment) into a $700 visit.

Suck it firestone. Here is a big F you to mechanics out there that think they can take advantage of women. Do what is asked and don't dig for more stuff to fix you assholes.

3 comments:

  1. My dad noticed that a "cooling system service" at most places is like $50 and gives the impression that they flush out the old fluid and add new. But in the fine print it reads that they just add coolant if you need it and check hoses for leaks.

    Basically they add a dollars worth of coolant and squeeze a hose or two to see if any liquid comes out. Bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha. it's true. Like the time I took my car in to a new place and they said i needed a new radiator, but I had JUST bought one. so I took it to my regular car place, they replaced a hose, and wa-la: majically fixed. The first place was trying to charge me for a new radiator that I didn't need. Oh and did I mention they broke my sensor too? Jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lokey- that's a load of horse crap. So getting a coolant system service doesn't do anything? So you're saying I shouldn't bother with flushing it out, or I guess I should specifically ask for a flush. hmmm

    Laura- mechanics are jerks. Funny enough though, Herbie looked at my tires and agreed that I do need new ones. He said I can get a few more thousand miles though, but I needed to be careful.

    Oh and when I got mad and told the guy i wasn't buying tires and to just align and change the oil, he totally took that as meaning that I didn't want him to fix the screw and nail in one of my back tires. So my tire kept going almost flat the whole time we were in Atlanta this past weekend. Herbie's dad fixed the tire for me, and it didn't cost anything, but seriously? come on!!!

    ReplyDelete