Thursday, January 14, 2010

Puppy Power!

Guess who got a dog!

I'll give you a guess. It's someone that's been wanting one for a while. That would be ME!




I had been talking about it for over a year. I had searched and looked at dogs for a while. I just happened to come across an ad on Craigslist for a wire haired dachshund, just like Lex, and I immediately sent it to Herbie. He called and then the woman called us back.

To be honest, I wasn't too excited. I figured something would happen and it wouldn't work out. I was not going to get my hopes up. We pulled into the lady's driveway and he's outside playing with her other dog. He comes running up to us and I melted. He's was so cute.

He met Lex and they got along, so that was great. The woman didn't charge a rehoming fee because she saw we were nice people that would take care of him. Plus he does have some issues I will have to take care of soon, such as some dental work and getting his little balls chopped off!

So the whole way home we talked about what we were gonna name him. Oliver? Oscar (meyer weiner)? Rufus? Morti? Nate or Heeb (for hebrew national)? I couldn't decide because I had to play with him a little while before I could name him. It had to be a name that fit his personality. I was not going to keep the name PeterPan that she had given him.

He came into the house and he did nothing but follow me or Lex around constantly. That's when I knew Linus would be the perfect name! I second guessed it and thought I'd name him Jude, but Herbie wanted to spell it Jewd, so Linus it is!

2 comments:

  1. He's a lot of trouble. Not the best mannered dog I've ever known. He's also kinda sick. Starting to see why the woman wanted to give him away. :(

    ReplyDelete