Wednesday, February 10, 2010

food, food, FOOD!

I have always loved to cook! I've always been pretty good at it, but I haven't always shared my food with people. Not that I'm greedy, I think it's just that I've always eaten it all or my family has inhaled it and well, now I have Herbie around as my taste tester. That's ok, I love to feed people.

Anyways, what am I getting at? I think I have finally found my passion. I've been wanting to go back to school for a while and it's just never worked for me. I can't pass the GRE, and I don't want to go back and just get a standard 2nd undergrad degree (boring! yaaaaaaawn). I already have the skills that it takes to make amazing food. I'm going to start taking classes to improve some things like cake decorating. Maybe some other culinary classes? (totally not saying that getting that masters is out of the question, it just is for now!)

With the "Dream Works" program going on at work, we are trying to fulfill our dreams. I think having a bakery/deli is going to be my #1 dream. I'm aiming for the next 2-3 years to have something going for me, and it looks like I've got a lot of fans.

So question, if I started a food blog where I shared pictures of my food, and MAYBE some recipes, do you think people would be interested? Maybe I could start selling some stuff?

For my friends, do you have any special occassions coming up? Birthdays, anniversaries, baby showers (ahem!!! Laura) that you'd like for me to make something for? Like you know, for free or very low cost. You just let me know! I'm trying to get people outside of work and family to like my stuff so I can have some customers one day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like this idea! I have always liked everything you've made. Even as a kid I remember you making us food when I'd spend the night and it was good!

    I probably won't be having a shower in Gallatin but if I do I will let you know. Otherwise, I think my sister-in-law (kase's side) is going to throw me one here. Maybe you could come?

    I will buy stuff from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you don't have a shower in Gallatin, I might be able to come there for one! Just let me know. Regardless though, I will of course send some goodies to you and Kase and some stuff for the baby!!

    ReplyDelete