Sunday, February 7, 2010

I'm a sucker

So, on Friday, I came across this article and felt so bad about the basset hounds that were surrendered. I mean I almost cried. I couldn't imagine losing my job and having to turn over my animals because i couldn't afford them.

Anyways, so I started thinking about it, and I knew I still needed a dog. I went to the humane society earlier in the week and played with Chihuahuas and almost left with one. I'm not a purse puppy kind of girl, but they were cute, but what dog wasn't? I was just needing another dog so bad that I couldn't turn my back on any dog I saw.

Anyways, I decided to go to metro animal control yesterday to see if the bassets were still there. Khloe and Flora Belle were still there. I took Khloe out into a playroom and visited with her a while. I sent her back...... thought about it more, and then took her out again. I brought Lex in to meet her and they got along great. I left... talked to Herbie about it. Went to the grocery store and while I was out, I went back and adopted her! Yeah, I make decisions fast. Isn't there a joke somewhere about someone that goes to the store and comes back with a dog? That's me.

Anyways, she comes home with me next weekend after she's fully vetted. I can't wait to bring her home! I always wanted a dog that looked like a pound puppy (please tell me you remember pound puppies!)

1 comment:

  1. Ok i am way behind on reading! UMMM SO CUTE!!! She does look like a pound puppy. Awwwww. are you going to rename her or keep Khloe? If you keep it our dogs can be name twins!!!!

    ReplyDelete